Do you want to improve your property with a project that will bring a high return on your investment? Then having a brand-new garage door installed expertly is just the perfect solution. This type of improvement is highly profitable provided that it’s handled by an experienced team of technicians.
Furthermore, it’s also important to choose a garage door that will fit into your existing home design and provide you with long-lasting durability. So, before scheduling professional garage door installation in La Mesa or somewhere else in the area, take some time to consider some of the most important aspects of garage door installation.
What type of garage door is best?
To get the most value out of a new garage door and boost the appeal of your property, you need to choose the best type of door for your home. In general, you will have the following options at your disposal:
- Wood: As one of the most aesthetically appealing solutions, wood is a popular choice for homes. It will increase the value of your property significantly, but it requires regular maintenance and comes with a heftier price tag.
- Steel: Steel is one of the most popular options since it offers an exceptional level of strength and durability, as well as diverse design options. Steel doors bring slightly less value than wood, but are definitely a more common, less expensive choice.
- Wood composite: If you want the appeal of natural wood at a pocket-friendly price, wood composite is the way to go. Unlike wood, this type of garage door requires less maintenance, but it typically comes unpainted.
- Aluminum: This material is a popular choice for modern, industrial-style properties. It has similar features as steel, but it’s easier to dent than steel garage doors.
- Fiberglass: If you live near the sea, this is a great option for your new garage door. Fiberglass doors are resistant to seaside weather conditions and are quite lightweight. These doors typically contain a combination of aluminum framing and fiberglass areas.
- Vinyl. This is another great solution for seaside locations. Vinyl garage doors are resistant to rust and bring a high level of durability. However, this material is a bit more expensive than steel.
However, it’s important to stress that material options may depend on your preferred garage door provider and their selection, as well as the area where you live. In addition, it’s always a great idea to discuss your options with the pros who can advise you on the best garage door option depending on your needs.
How thick should a garage door be?
Thickness is another important factor to consider when choosing a new garage door. However, this will greatly vary depending on the material you go with. One of the best options is a high-quality steel garage door that’s two inches thick and insulated. This type of door typically has cladding of 24-gauge steel.
An important distinction to keep in mind when considering garage door thickness is between:
- Single-skin doors: In these doors, framing is visible from the inside.
- Double-skin doors: In this case, insulation is placed between two panels.
In general, going with a thick garage door that contains foam or some other type of insulation is a much better, durable solution that will keep your garage warm. Of course, if you want to go with a more economical solution for a garage that serves as a storage area, a door without insulation is definitely more affordable.
Count on our unrivaled garage door installation pros in La Mesa
Here at Dlouhy Garage Doors of San Diego, we offer all the assistance you need in choosing new, high-quality garage door. We bring you models of superior quality that will fit into your home design and offer a high ROI. What’s more, with us, you have industry’s top brands at your disposal, including Clopay, C.H.I., Amarr, and Northwest.
In addition to installation, you can also count on us to handle other garage door-related services. So, whether you need someone to help you with getting your garage door back on track or handle the opening of your garage door when there’s no power, we’re the ones to call! We can also advise you on properly securing your garage door to protect your property and family.
What’s more, we service the entire area, so whether you’re located near Collier Park or somewhere outside the city, we’re your go-to garage door company. Just give us a call and we’ll give you a free estimate on a new garage door!