You probably don’t pay much attention to your garage door. Typically, only when a problem arises do homeowners deal with garage door improvements. However, it’s important to check your garage door every once in a while to ensure it’s functioning properly.
If you notice a major malfunction, you should contact seasoned experts who render emergency garage door repair without delay. If you live in the La Mesa area, you should look for local technicians who can come as soon as possible.
However, while scheduling professional garage door repair services is always the recommended way of handling possible issues, you should still learn a bit more about certain malfunctions and how to deal with them. For instance, knowing what to do if your garage door gets off the track can be extremely useful in preventing further damage and protecting your family.
What causes a garage door to come off the track?
Every now and then, a garage door can come off its track for one of the following reasons:
- Improper installation. The garage door wasn’t properly set up or aligned upon installation.
- Natural wear and tear. If your garage door is old and worn-out, it may simply jump off the track because it no longer functions properly.
- Damaged components. In general, if rollers or springs are damaged or broken, they can also lead to your garage door falling off the track.
- Severe impact. If you’ve accidentally bumped into the door with your car or something, you can get your garage door off the track. This can happen when homeowners drive in too fast, but their garage doors aren’t completely open.
How do I get my garage door back on track?
However, regardless of the reason why your garage has come off its track, it’s important that you get it back carefully. Although some people may consider this to be an easy DIY project, a garage door is quite heavy and you may not have the right tools to fix this problem. In this case, it’s always better to contact the specialists and let them handle this issue.
Tips on getting a garage door back on track
Whether you decide to do this on your own or leave it to the pros, there are several important steps to completing this task safely and successfully:
- Stop using the door. If you were in the middle of opening or closing your garage door, stop the process immediately. Otherwise, you can cause significant damage to the door or even endanger anyone nearby.
- Get the supplies. You’re likely to need pliers, locking pliers, and a rubber mallet. Gather everything in one place to have it within easy reach.
- Disengage the door. To do this, you need to pull the overhead rope. By doing this, you will be able to disconnect the garage door from the opener. This will enable you to open the door manually.
- Detect the problem. You need to determine what exactly has caused your garage door to jump off the track. Afterward, you’ll be able to fix the issue using the correct approach.
- Give it a go. You’ll need to lock the door using the pliers by snapping them underneath the door. Then, you need to get the wheels back on track by opening the edge of the track.
- Give the pros a call. This isn’t an easy task, especially if you have no experience in dealing with garage door-related issues. To eliminate the risk of injury or damage, make sure to contact a professional team of technicians who’ll fix the problem in an efficient, time-saving manner.
Get unrivaled emergency garage door repair solutions in La Mesa
If your garage door has gotten off the track, you don’t have to fix it on your own. Instead, reach out to our highly trained and qualified team at Dlouhy Garage Doors of San Diego. We have experience in handling this type of garage door problems and many others, such as offering help with locking a garage door system manually without power.
Furthermore, our team can also advise you on choosing the best garage door for your home and even give you helpful tips on securing your garage door from the inside. Most importantly, when handling garage door repairs or installation, we always follow the required safety guidelines for automatic openers and garage door systems.
Additionally, we strive to deliver our services at your convenience and with maximum efficiency so that you can go back to your everyday life. Stroll along the La Mesa Secret Stairs completely worry-free because we’ve got your back at all times. Contact us today!