While the replacement of garage doors is one of the home improvement projects with the highest return on investment, there are a few important factors to consider before undertaking it. Namely, choosing the right garage door for your home is the prerequisite for getting the most value out of this project.
Another important factor is contacting trusted experts in garage door installation service for your home in La Mesa or throughout the area. This is essential for ensuring the durability and lasting quality of your new garage door.
Therefore, if you’re considering having a new garage door installed, you first need to know what to look for. This way, you’ll be able to pick a garage door that perfectly fits into the overall design of your home.
What should I look for when buying a garage door?
In general, after getting a new garage door, you’ll be able to boost the value of your home as long as you pick the right one. The installation of new garage doors may be a sizeable investment, but it’s one worth making because it brings significant benefits to homeowners.
So, if you’re ready to make this step in improving your home, here’s what you should look for in a new garage door.
1. A style that complements your home
A garage door will affect your home’s curb appeal, so it’s important you pick one that will complement the style and overall tone of your home. For instance, if your home features a modern look, going with a full-view garage door is a great option. Also, you can always consult with your provider if you’re not sure which style to opt for.
2. A type that suits your needs
There are several types of garage doors you have at your disposal:
- Sectional garage doors are the most commonly used type in the U.S. They consist of panel sections, hinges, torsion springs, tracks, etc. Sectional garage doors are easy to maintain and durable as they’re typically made of steel.
- Sliding garage doors operate by sliding to one side and are appropriate for garages that don’t have a lot of headroom. They typically don’t need an operator because they have built-in motors.
- Roll-up garage doors are highly resistant to heavy use and offer a high level of durability. However, they’re more commonly used in commercial than residential properties.
- Hinged garage doors have hinges on the sides and boast a more classic, traditional design. They resemble barn doors and can be made of both wood and steel.
3. A finish that brings appeal and durability
Experimenting with garage door finishes brings you an opportunity to give your home an authentic character and create a lovely design statement. You’ll have plenty of options, but make sure to go with one that will withstand unfavorable weather conditions and natural wear and tear.
4. A price that fits your budget
When choosing a new garage door, you’ll have endless options. However, you also need to consider the price of a new garage door. Keep in mind that this is an investment worth making, so it’s better to pay a bit more upon installation and then save a lot of money on repairs later on.
However, to be certain that the price fits your budget, you should consider going with a provider who will give you a free quote on a new garage door. This way, you’ll know what to expect and be able to allocate enough money.
5. An insulation type that brings comfort
If you’re planning to use your garage for purposes other than storing your belongings or parking your car, you should go with a garage door with thick insulation. This means that you should pay attention to a door’s R-value – the higher the number, the better the insulation. Thicker insulation will enable you to create a comfortable garage space and reduce your energy bills.
Expertise-based garage door installation service across La Mesa
In need of a new garage door that will bring lasting quality and increased home value? Then reach out to Dlouhy Garage Doors of San Diego, a trusted team of garage door specialists. We bring you some of the industry’s leading brands and provide our clients with free quotes on new garage doors.
What’s more, we’re here to deliver dependable assistance and expert advice on related matters. For instance, if you’re not certain if your garage door requires fully functional sensors, we’re here to answer your questions.
So, whether you want to convert your garage and need a brand-new door or want to update the old worn-out one, we’re your go-to provider. We serve the entire area, so whether you’re located near Collier Park or somewhere else in San Diego County, feel free to contact us!