It is not easy to operate and repair garage doors with broken spring. Not only is this an inconvenience, but also a potentially dangerous problem as it can leave your home exposed to unwanted visitors. One of the most common causes of a malfunctioning garage door is a broken spring. Like most things, the steel in the coils in the spring has a lifespan and you have to replace it after some time..
If this happens, it is best to contact the garage door spring repair service in Santee. They will make your garage in Santee functional again. Also, it’s a good idea to take care and replace the garage door cables when the time comes in order to stay safe. Also, you can extend the life of your garage door spring by maintaining them regularly. Now, let’s see how you can repair a broken garage door spring.
Can you fix a broken garage door spring?
You may have missed certain indications that your garage door spring is broken and now you have to do something in order to get the door operational again. The spring itself is almost impossible to repair and has to be replaced. This is how professionals replace broken springs:
- First of all, they wear gloves and goggles and make sure that the ladder is not directly in front of the spring while removing or adjusting it, but positioned slightly to the side.
- They will lock the door with a clamp inside the rail so that it does not move when they release the spring. Then, they will release the screws that secure the spring, and hold the spring itself with a winding bar.
- They will carefully wrap the spring with the help of two winding bars and place the second bar inside the coil and unscrew for 1/4 of a circle by constantly moving the bar forward on each turn.
- Using a wrench, experts will remove the screws, then slowly and carefully slide the spring and pull it out.
- The next part includes holding the torsion bar with a clamp or locking pliers to prevent it from falling and forcibly disconnecting the cables. Once this is done, it’s time to carefully disconnect the cables from the door brackets and remove them. If they notice that the cables are worn out, this is the right time to replace them.
- Professionals will then slide the new spring on the torsion bar while taking into account the “left” and “right” sides of the spring. After that, they will attach the spring cones to the bracket in the same way that the old ones were attached.
- Technicians will also put the cables back and secure them well.
- With the help of two winding bar, it’s time to wind the spring by twisting by following the manufacturer’s instructions on how many revolutions it takes to tighten the spring well.
- It is also necessary to use hammer blows to further ensure that it is tight enough and return all screws and bolts to their original position.
- Finally, it’s time to end the procedure by applying the garage door spring lubricant and removing the clamps. It can also be necessary to additionally tighten or loosen the spring a little to adjust it and to make the door work properly.
Where can I schedule the best garage door springs repair service in Santee?
Your garage door is too important for the safety and functionality of your home to leave its installation and repair to an inexperienced or insufficiently equipped team. In the end, would you really allow your garage door to fail and break down within a few months?
Dlouhy Doors have been present at the top of the industry for over 40 years and in addition to door replacement, maintenance, repair and installation, we also offer 24/7 support. Whether you are near Santana High School or on the other side of town, contact us and our experienced team of professionals will do their best to meet you as soon as possible. Call us now!