A malfunctioning garage door is not only a nuisance, but also a liability. There are several precautions homeowners should take to ensure their garage door is safe. First, make sure to regularly contact professionals garage door springs repair service in Alpine to maintain and repair your door.
However, you should also be familiar with what you should and shouldn’t do to make sure your garage door is as safe as possible. Here’s some advice on the things to do and avoid when handling your garage door.
What you should avoid
- Don’t put your garage door opener in an area exposed to the elements. If you leave it outside, it can suffer water damage and begin to malfunction. It’s best to keep it inside where it won’t get wet or damaged by poor weather.
- Don’t drive into your garage if you do not know what’s wrong with your door. There’s a chance that the wiring is faulty, which can cause them to close on top of your car just as you’re driving it into the garage. It’s best to avoid potentially severe damage.
- Don’t leave your garage door open if you aren’t using it. There’s always a chance to forget to close the door overnight and leave your home open to unwanted visitors.
- Don’t use any extension cords when operating your opener system. The garage door motor should receive enough power coming, and additional devices on an extension cord could cause disruptions.
- Don’t use flimsy material around the tracks such as cardboard, aluminum foil or plastic wrap, since this can get stuck.
- Don’t use oil or lubricants when attempting to fix the tracks. Often lubricant wears out easily when it’s hot outside. Therefore, it’s best to call a professional garage door company for assistance with these types of problems.
What you should do
- Do check all locks before closing the door and remember to take the key with you. You wouldn’t want someone to find your key and come back at a later time, both unwanted and unannounced.
- Do check your garage door regularly by following a comprehensive garage door maintenance checklist. Also, reach out to professionals who provide services like garage door installation or garage door repair. They are able to prevent the majority of the most common issues your garage door can develop.
- Do clean the garage door tracks regularly. This will keep them running smoothly and properly, reducing the number of potential problems down the line.
- Do make sure children are familiar with these basic rules. Performing an action that is unsafe could result in unwanted injury without any adults around to assist them. That is why it’s vital to introduce your kids to essential garage door rules and ensure they follow them.
Who should I call when I need garage door springs repair service in Alpine?
Get a great deal on your garage door today! Dlouhy Doors is the leading expert in garages with more than 40 years of experience. We’ll handle all your garage door maintenance and repair, so you can spend some quality family time at the Alpine County Museum without any worries about. Our experienced staff will take care of your garage door by the time you arrive home.
Whether you want advice on how to make a garage door safer or you want instructions on how to prepare them for painting – we are here for you. Reach out to us today!