A garage door can last for decades, especially if trained experts in garage door installation in Santee mount it. However, this is also one of the most complex home improvement projects. Rushing head-first into it can end disastrously, but this article will help prevent this.
We’ll tell you what you should know before installing garage doors to save you a lot of money and trouble down the line. Keep reading!
What should I know before installing a new garage door?
Consider the following facts before scheduling a garage door installation:
There are numerous styles
Garage doors come in a wide range of styles. Here are some of your options:
- Traditional units: These usually feature raised panels, and the top section is made of glass.
- Carriage-style doors: Resembling barn doors, these models swing open to the sides.
- Contemporary solutions: You can choose from a number of trendy designs, like doors with non-symmetrical sections for a unique look.
Garage door installation isn’t a DIY project
The only way to make the most of your new garage door is to avoid the most common mistakes associated with this project. For instance, you may fail to prepare for the job adequately by not clearing out the garage before the mounting.
An even more severe mistake is trying to do the work yourself if you’ve never done it before. In all likelihood, you don’t have the necessary equipment and materials to do this properly. Therefore, it’s better to leave it to a professional. Besides saving you a lot of hassle, they’ll also mount your unit correctly the first time around.
Garage doors are made of various materials
When purchasing a garage door, you can select from several materials:
- Aluminum: Many experts consider aluminum the best choice for humid environments because it effectively resists corrosion.
- Steel: Steel is the most common material, meaning there’s a wider array of styles, price ranges, and colors.
- Wood: Units constructed from this material look amazing and are highly robust. The only downside is that they require extensive upkeep.
- Composite wood: This is an excellent choice since it mimics the appearance of real wood. Plus, it doesn’t crack or rut, and you can repaint it.
You may want insulated doors
Installing an insulated garage door is a great option for several reasons. Primarily, it can help enhance your home’s energy efficiency and make your garage more comfortable to be in. Additionally, they’re quieter than most other models.
Investing in beefy springs is a wise move
Springs allow your door to open and close slowly. Standard items are rated for approximately 10,000 cycles. This may seem like a lot, but you can reach the number in under 5 years if you open your unit 5-6 times a day. The best way to avoid this is to invest in higher-rated springs, which sometimes cost just 50$ more.
Looking for experts in garage door installation in Santee?
How many times have you planned a trip to Mission Trails Regional Park, and you can’t drive out due to a faulty garage door? If this is a recurring problem, it might be time for a new unit. There are many companies in Santee, but nobody beats Dlouhy Doors.
We’ve been in this business for many years and know how to mount doors of any size or materials. Our experts can also recommend the right model for your household. Once the project starts, you’ll be amazed by our professionalism and diligence. Book our services today!