As a parent, it’s essential to prioritize safety around vehicles and garage entries, especially when children are involved. While most homeowners in Santee, CA regularly schedule their garage door repair if they have an issue, faulty models can be dangerous if not used correctly or maintained regularly, and accidents can happen quickly. Therefore, it is important to follow certain safety tips to ensure that your children are safe around garage doors.
How do I keep my kids safe around garage doors?
Here are 10 safety tips to keep in mind:
- Educate your children: The first step in ensuring your children’s safety is to educate them about the dangers. Teach them about the importance of staying away from the garage entry, and don’t allow them to play near or under it.
- Supervise your children: Always supervise your children when they are playing around the entry. Don’t allow them to operate the door on their own, as it can be dangerous.
- Keep the remote out of reach: Make sure to keep the remote out of reach of children. Do not allow them to play with it or operate it without adult supervision.
- Test the auto-reverse function: Make sure that the auto-reverse function on your model is working correctly. To test this function, place a small object, such as a roll of paper towels, under the door. If it doesn’t reverse after coming in contact with the object, it needs to be repaired.
- Regular maintenance: Regular maintenance is essential for the proper functioning and safety of your model. Have the door inspected and maintained by a professional at least once a year.
- Keep the door in sight: Always keep the entry structure in sight when it is in operation. Don’t begin closing it and walk away, as it could malfunction while you’re not paying attention.
- Install safety sensors: Install safety sensors that can detect any object or person in the way of the closing door. This feature will ensure that it doesn’t close if something or someone is in the way.
- Secure your garage door: Keep them locked when not in use to prevent children from opening them accidentally.
- Teach emergency procedures: Instruct your children on emergency procedures in case of an accident. Teach them how to use the emergency release lever to open the model manually in case of a power outage or malfunction.
- Avoid distractions: Avoid using your mobile phone or any other distractions while operating your garage entry. Stay focused on the task at hand to prevent any accidents.
How do you babyproof a garage?
Babyproofing a garage is an essential task for parents who want to ensure the safety of their children. In addition to entry safety, there are several other steps you can take to babyproof your garage. Here are a few tips:
- Lock Up Hazardous Materials: Store hazardous materials, such as chemicals, sharp tools, and power tools, out of reach of children. Keep them in locked cabinets or on high shelves.
- Secure Loose Items: Secure loose items, such as bikes, ladders, and gardening tools, to prevent them from falling over or causing injury.
- Keep the Floor Clear: Keep the floor clear of clutter to prevent tripping hazards.
- Cover Electrical Outlets: Cover electrical outlets in your garage to prevent children from accidentally touching them.
- Install a Safety Gate: Install a safety gate at the entrance to prevent children from accessing it without adult supervision.
Where in Santee, CA and the surrounding area can I find reliable experts for garage door repair?
Looking for a reliable solution to fix your faulty garage entry? Look no further than our expert technicians at Dlouhy Doors. Our experienced team of professionals is equipped with the latest tools and techniques to diagnose and fix any issues you may have.
Whether it’s an eco-friendly door installation, broken springs, an upgrade to a smart model, or misaligned tracks, we have the expertise to handle it all. You can take a walk to Woodglen Vista Park while we work away and come back to a finished job. Contact us today to schedule your service!