Whether due to normal wear and tear or an unexpected problem, garage door springs need to be replaced at some point. If your garage door springs break and cannot be fixed, you need to book dependable garage door springs replacement in San Diego at your earliest convenience.
Fortunately, since garage door springs are quite durable, it may be years before you have to schedule their replacement. Nonetheless, you should still know what may happen when garage door springs fail and how to replace them.
How do you replace a spring on a garage door?
When your garage door springs are in great condition, you can open and close your garage door without any problem. However, even though garage door springs don’t break often, you may notice that your garage door doesn’t open properly. Here are a few signs that the springs are beginning to fail:
- You need more force to lift your garage door.
- You notice some visible signs of rust, space between the springs, etc.
- Your electric opener makes some noise when opening your garage door.
- Your garage door has suddenly broken down with a violent slam and bang.
Once you’ve notice any of these symptoms, you should consider contacting experienced technicians to inspect your garage door and springs. They will give you a detailed report on the possible issues and suggest the most adequate solutions.
Tips on replacing garage door springs
If you need to replace the garage door springs, it’s highly advisable you leave it to the pros. It’s highly likely you don’t have the tools and skills needed to handle this problem. In addition, professionals have experience in dealing with different spring issues, so they can ensure that your springs have been properly installed and fixed.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to garage door spring replacement:
- Spring type. You need to replace your old springs with a set of new ones that suit your garage doors. It’s important to choose the right type and size of garage door springs.
- Safety cables. Your springs need to have safety cables that can restrain them in case they break.
- Safe replacement. If your garage door is open and you think that the springs are broken, don’t disconnect the opener because your door will fall down with their full weight. Make sure to block the door if you need to keep it open.
- One or two springs. Replacing just one spring is possible, but you’ll ensure the optimal functioning of your garage door if you replace all of the springs.
How long does it take to replace garage door springs?
Are you planning to take your kids to the San Diego Zoo, but you can’t open or close your door? You don’t need to postpone your plans yet because garage door replacement doesn’t typically last long. In general, it may take around one hour or even 30 minutes if you hire experienced technicians.
However, in some cases it may take a bit more even if you make an appointment with highly trained garage door professionals. For instance, your broken garage door springs may have caused some additional problems that should be taken care of as soon as possible.
In addition, if the springs are really old, the replacement may last longer in this case, too. Either way, you can always ask your technicians how long this will take and make plans accordingly.
Book the best garage door springs replacement service San Diego can offer
And forget about unnecessary inconveniences! Dlouhy Doors is here to take care of any garage door problems you may have. Our experienced specialists have the skills and equipment needed to replace your garage door springs in no time. What’s more, our trucks are always fully stocked with everything we need, so we’re always ready to come to your rescue.
With us, you can rest assured that your garage door and all of its components are up to code. So, rest easy knowing that only the best of the best in the industry are handling your garage door spring replacement. Contact us today and we’ll assist you in a heartbeat!